Are you visiting Myrtle Beach this summer? If so, prepare for endless beach days, decadent beach dining, and a wide array of family-friendly events and entertainment. Sea Crest is ideally located in the heart of Myrtle Beach, making it easy to find nearby things to do.
Area events are the perfect way to take a break from the sun and sand and enjoy all that Myrtle Beach has to offer. And, many of the events offered are completely free to attend!
Take a look at our favorite summer events and pencil a few into you Myrtle Beach itinerary.
Hot Summer Nights | Downtown Myrtle Beach | Ongoing
The Myrtle Beach Boardwalk is THE place to be this summer! Hot Summer Nights takes place all summer long along everyone’s favorite oceanfront avenue. Weekly events include:
· Monday – Kidz Carnival in Plyler Park (6pm – 9pm)
· Wednesday – Rock-n-Rumble live music at 9th Avenue Stage (7pm – 9pm)
· Wednesday – Boardwalk Elvis in Plyler Park (8pm – 9:30pm)
· Friday – Seaside Concert in Plyler Park (7pm – 10pm)
· Saturday – Fireworks over the ocean (10pm)
· Sunday – Boardwalk Elvis in Plyler Park (8pm – 9:30pm)
In addition to live entertainment, many evenings will feature free family-friendly games and activities, street performers, and more! Be sure to check out the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk one evening during your stay!
Myrtle Beach Pelicans Baseball | Ongoing
Pick up your peanuts and cracker jacks and settle in for a good time at a Myrtle Beach Pelicans game! Baseball season is in full swing at one of the area’s favorite family attractions and you won’t want to miss out on the chance to see them up close and in person. Tickets start at under $15 / person and the team hosts a wide array of promotions throughout the week to help you save. Promotions include:
· $2sDay Brewsday – $2 craft drafts from 6pm – 8pm
· Weiner Wednesday – Buy 1, Get 1 Free Hebrew National Hotdogs all night
· Thirsty Thursday – $1 domestic drafts from 6pm – 8pm
· Theme Nights (super hero night, nerd night, etc.)
· Pre-game autographs
· Post-game fireworks
· Contests and Giveaways
· …. Much more!
Visit the Myrtle Beach Pelicans website for more information and to purchase tickets in advance.
Carolina Country Music Festival | Downtown Myrtle Beach | June 8th – 11th
Grab your boots and head downtown for the biggest event of the summer! Guests from far and wide flock to Myrtle Beach each summer to enjoy fantastic live music with a beachfront backdrop. Artists for the 2016 show include Kenny Chesney, Lee Brice, Gretchen Wilson, Jason Aldean, Darius Rucker, and many more. The 4-day event kicks off Thursday evening and runs through Sunday night. Tickets are still available through the Country Music Fest Website.
4th of July
July 4th is a busy time for Myrtle Beach! Check out what’s in store for this patriotic holiday:
· Murrells Inlet Boat Parade (Tuesday, July 4th): The area’s only floating parade? Head to Murrells Inlet by 5pm to watch colorful boats float the inlet.
· Myrtle Beach Pelicans (Tuesday, July 4th – Thursday, July 6th): The Myrtle Beach Pelicans will host the Buies Creek Astros on the week of July 4th and you won’t want to miss out on the action!
· Fireworks: Broadway at the Beach, Second Avenue Pier, Cherry Grove Pier, Barefoot Landing, Surfside Pier, Veteran’s Pier
Coastal Uncorked | Broadway at the Beach | September 1st – 3rd
Are you ready for the biggest food and beverage festival of the year? Coastal Uncorked has been a favorite among locals and visitors alike for more than 6 years and the festival continues to get bigger and better each year! This year’s festival will be at Broadway at the Beach again and will feature the following individual events:
· Friday – Chocolate Under The Moon – A Moonshine Mixology & Dessert Event (6pm – 9pm)
· Saturday – Brews ‘N The Beach – A Craft Beer Festival (4pm – 7pm)
· Sunday – Grand Wine Tasting Event (1pm – 5pm)
Tickets are now on sale and can be purchased online in advance for a discounted rate, or will be available at the event.
What Myrtle Beach events do you most look forward to in the summer? Let us know!