Myrtle Beach is one of the best beach destinations on the east coast. With reasonable hotel rates (check out ours) and tons of family-friendly activities, your Myrtle Beach vacation is bound to be the best ever. To make it easy we have put together the top 10 Myrtle Beach Family Activities for you and your loved ones to enjoy together.
1 – Hang at the Beach
60 miles of beautiful white sandy beach is what you’ll find up and down the Grand Strand. Stay at Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort and walk right out of our back door to the beach. Building sandcastles, sunbathing, and splashing in the waves are all givens when you’re on the beach, but there are also a ton of fun games to play on the beach too like bocce and volleyball. The beach also makes for a great picnic spot, grab a cooler and fill it with snacks and cold drinks for a mid-day treat.
2 – Water Park
Take a break from the salt and sand and head to the waterpark. There a few great water parks in Myrtle Beach, but why leave our resort when we have an oceanfront water park right on our property? You can enjoy the lazy river while the kids play at the interactive shipwrecked submarine water feature. Sit pool-side while the kids splash under the raining mushrooms, ride the silly seahorses, or wait to get drenched by the topsy-turvey buckets. No waterpark is complete without a water slide, the kids will have a blast sliding down our 50ft slide!
3 – Broadway at the Beach
Eat, drink, and play at Broadway at the Beach. There are rides, entertainment, fabulous restaurants and more all in one spot, and just a short drive from our resort. You can easily spend a whole day with the family here!
There are SO many eateries to choose from at Broadway. Here are a few of our family-friendly favorites:
- Johnny Rockets – Enjoy an all-American cheeseburger, shakes, malts and more when you eat here! The kids can even play a classic tune on the table-top jukeboxes.
- Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen – The meals here are served family-style! You’ll choose 2-3 down-home dishes and 4 of Paula’s Famous sides to share. Need refills? No problem!
- The Grumpy Monk – Great pub-style food, sushi, and a variety of cold beer on tap! The kids will love the live bands that play weekly.
- Melt – Everyone loves pizza! Grab a wood-fired pie to share with the family at Melt.
There’s something fun for everyone to enjoy at Broadway! Here are a few of our favorite family-friendly attractions:
- Backstage Mirror Maze – Get lost in the maze of mirrors and lights at Backstage Mirror Maze! $13.95 for adults and $11.95 for kids.
- Ripley’s Aquarium – Sharks, sea turtles, penguins –oh my! Take the family for an underwater adventure at Ripley’s. Tickets are $34.99 for adults and $24.99 for kids.
- WonderWorks – This is a favorite among Myrtle Beach visitors. The kids will love exploring all the learning exhibits that WonderWorks has to offer. Just $28.99 for adults and $19.99 for kids.
4 – Myrtle Beach Boardwalk
Just a 5-minute drive from our resort is the famous Myrtle Beach Boardwalk & Promenade. There are tons of restaurants, dessert stops, and summer entertainment for all at the boardwalk.
- Banditos Cantina| 1410 N Ocean Blvd – Enjoy a restaurant with an amazing view and latin-inspired food!
- Tin Roof | 1410 N Ocean Blvd – Grab some pub grub with a southern flair and enjoy the live music at Tin Roof.
- Pier 14 Restuarant & Lounge | 1306 Ocean Blvd – The kids will love dining out on the water at Pier 14 Restaurant!
- Sky Wheel – Take the family on a SkyWheel ride and get a birds-eye view of the Grand Strand. Flights are $14 for adults and $9 for kids.
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not – This filled with oddities from shrunken heads to scrap-metal sculptures. Tickets are $17.99 for adults and $8.99 for kids.
5 – Family Kingdom Amusement Park
If you’re looking for thrills, look no further than Family Kingdom Amusement Park. You and the whole family can ride roller coasters, drive bumper cars, or play games to win prizes that this fun stop. Buy individual ride tickets for 1.15 (plus tax) each or grab an unlimited ride wristband for $29.45 (plus tax) per person.
6 – Shark Wake Park
Check out the one of a kind Aqua Park at Shark Wake Park. Here you and the kids can play all day on an inflatable, floating obstacle course. To play, kids must be 7 years old and a good swimmer. Shark Wake Park is open from 10 AM to 5 PM and tickets are $25 per person (for a 45-minute session).
7 – Alligator Adventures
Want to see the World’s Largest Croc? Grab the kids and head over to Alligator Adventures. Here you’ll get to see Utan, King of the Crocs and tons of other reptiles and animals. Alligator Adventures is located at Barefoot Landing. Tickets are $24.99 for adults and $16.99 for children (4-12).
8 – Ripley’s Attractions
We’ve already mentioned 2 of the 5 Ripley’s attractions in Myrtle Beach, but it really deserves a spot of its own on our Top 10 list! Grab single tickets or combo tickets to 1 or all of the attractions. The attractions and prices are as follows:
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! – $17.99 for adults and $8.99 for kids, located at the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk.
- Ripley’s Aquarium – $34.99 for adults and $24.99 for kids, located at Broadway at the Beach.
- Ripley’s 5D Moving Theater – $12.99 for adults and $9.99 for kids, located at the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk.
- Ripley’s Mirror Maze – $9.99 for adults and kids, located at the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk.
- Ripley’s Super Fun Zone – Arcade-style and table games, purchase tokens at Myrtle Beach Boardwalk location.
9 – Mini Golf
Known as the Mini Golf Capital of the World, Myrtle Beach has so many family mini golf spots for you to enjoy. You could seriously pick up a shell, throw it, and hit a mini-golf course. Some of our favorites include Mt. Atlanticus, Cancun Lagoon Golf, and Rainbow Falls Golf.
10 – Dinner Shows
If you really want to show the family a great time, take them to Pirates Voyage! Here you’ll enjoy a 3-course meal and watch as Captain Blackbeard sails the seven seas in search of his treasure. Tickets start at $49.99 for adults and $29.99 for children over three (rates vary based on showtime and season).
Another great dinner show to take the kids to is Medieval Times. Step back in time to the dark ages when Kings ruled. Enjoy a 4-course meal and watch as knights battle for the honor of the Princess’ champion. Tickets start at $55.95 for adults and $28.95 for children 12 and under (rates vary based on showtime and season).
Looking for other things to do in Myrtle Beach? Check out our list of Myrtle Beach attractions that are a must-see!