Located on the south end of North Myrtle Beach, Barefoot Landing is filled with shops, restaurants and entertainment. It is the perfect place to spend a few hours of fun or experience a full-day adventure. With such variety, everyone in your family will enjoy a trip to Barefoot Landing, just 13 miles north of Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort.
Restaurants At Barefoot Landing
Barefoot’s scenic location on the Intracoastal Waterway provides spectacular waterfront views at several restaurants.
- Greg Norman Australian Grille – upscale dining with exotic cuisine from The Land Down Under
- Lucy Buffett’s LuLu’s – seafood meets the south at this casual, open-air restaurant with a large bar
- River City Cafe – award-winning burger joint known for their eclectic decor and peanut-shell covered floors
- Taco Mundo Kitchen Y Cantina – features authentic Mexican decor and creative Mexican-American cuisine with waterfront patio and outdoor bar
- Flying Fish Market & Grill – seafood market and restaurant serving upscale cuisine in a casual environment
Similar to Broadway at the Beach, the Barefoot Landing entertainment complex surrounds a large lake called Prices Swamp Run. There are even more tasty waterfront dining options available on the lake:
- Umberto’s – family-owned trattoria serving Pittsburgh-style Italian cuisine
- Bully’s Pub & Grill – perfect late-night hang out or game day bar with big-screen TVs, an outdoor deck and pool tables serving classic bar bites and beverages
- LandShark Bar & Grill – casual beach restaurant with an outdoor deck serving mouth-watering cuisine and island-inspired cocktails
- Wild Wing Cafe – family-style sports bar serving the best wings in town
- Dick’s Last Resort – an unconventional restaurant where each meal is served with a heaping pile of insults and sarcasm from the staff, but don’t worry, you’re welcome to insult them right back
The good eats don’t end there. Here are a few other great eateries at Barefoot Landing.
- Ultimate California Pizza – creative pizza combinations with a fun casual atmosphere
- Crooked Hammock Brewery – local brewery with a family-friendly backyard hangout serving craft brews and bar bites
- House of Blues Restaurant & Bar – laid-back atmosphere with a Southern-inspired menu and live entertainment nightly
- Blueberry Grill – locally-owned restaurant with an inviting environment, serving classic breakfast and lunch dishes with creative twists and innovative combinations
- Café de Paris – quaint cafe with charming decor offering creative coffee creations and locally-sourced pastries and desserts
Attractions At Barefoot Landing
Barefoot Landing offers a wide variety of attractions for kids, parents, couples and friends. Animal lovers should check out the T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station for a chance to have their photo taken with a baby tiger or monkey. Also, make time to spend an afternoon at Alligator Adventure, home to more than 800 alligators and 230 species including spotted hyenas, snakes, flamingos and monkeys.
Smaller kids will love climbing around the forest-themed playground, located between LuLu’s and Crooked Hammock. During the summer months, kids can ride the Barefoot Carousel or one of the other kiddie rides. Older kids and the young-at-heart will have a blast at LuLu’s Beach Arcade, filled with hundreds of fun games and even more awesome prizes. Right outside, LuLu’s also has an adventure ropes course, a sand volleyball court and the perfect hangout space for friends and family with picnic tables, lounge chairs and cornhole boards.
If live music is more your jam, Barefoot Landing boasts three large attractions for you. The Alabama Theatre hosts two signature shows, ONE The Show and The South’s Grandest Christmas Show, plus several special guests throughout the year. Past entertainers have included comedians like Jay Leno and musical artists like Josh Turner and the Temptations. The House of Blues is a popular music venue that hosts both local and national icons in the music industry like Kip Moore, Chris Lane, 2 Chainz, Breaking Benjamin and Corey Smith. House of Blues at Barefoot Landing also hosts the World Famous Gospel Brunch each Sunday with an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet and Gospel music performances.
Last but not least, Crooked Hammock Brewery is one of the newest attractions at Barefoot. Their Backyard Escape is the perfect place to gather with friends, play a few games and unwind from the day with a cold pint of locally brewed beer. Beyond the regularly scheduled brewery tours and tasting, Crooked Hammock hosts weekly Yoga in the Yard, Trivia Tuesdays on Tortuga Island (the waterfront gazebo located behind the brewery) and seasonal events like OktoberFest! and the Jeep Jam After Party. Check out their Hammock Happenings calendar for this month’s scheduled events.
Barefoot Landing Shopping
There’s a shop for every style at Barefoot Landing. Shop the latest fashion and accessory trends at Francesca’s Collections or grab a new pair of shades at Sunglass Hut. Browse the eclectic styles at Earthbound Trading Company or pick up a new scented candle at Shining Sol Candle Company. You can find beachy styles and accessories at Ron Jon Surf Shop, Tiki Jims and Sea Bags. Christmas Mouse, The Mole Hole and Savannah Bee Company are great shops for finding the perfect gift for a friend or loved one. With over 50 stores to explore, you are sure to find the perfect outfit, just the right accessory and your new favorite pair of shoes ー all in one trip!
When you and your group are ready for a sweet treat or salty snack, check out one of these specialty shops at Barefoot Landing:
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzels
- Beef Jerky Experience
- Byrd’s Famous Cookies
- Colette’s Popcorn
- River Street Sweets
- Sweet Molly’s Creamery
- The Crafty Cow
- The Fudgery
- Wee R Sweetz
Oceanfront Hotels Near Barefoot Landing
No matter what interest you have, there is something at Barefoot Landing for you to enjoy. With so many great attractions, restaurants and shops, it’s a great way to spend a day during your vacation.
Located less than 30 minutes south of Barefoot Landing, Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort has the ultimate accommodations for your family vacation, couples getaway or next business retreat. Our beachfront suites have private balconies, full in-room kitchens and free Wi-Fi. The 9 pool attractions are sure to entertain guests of all ages including a children’s water park and water slide, indoor and outdoor pools, lazy rivers and hot tubs. Plus, there’s an oceanfront bar and grill, coffee shop and mini-mart on-site.
What are you waiting for? Book your next Myrtle Beach vacation and plan a day shopping, dining and exploring at Barefoot Landing.