Things to Do in Myrtle Beach
Sea Crest Resort has so many on-site amenities and activities, we're not sure that you'd want to leave! But if you do, there's fun for the whole family right around the corner, including the Family Kingdom and Broadway at the Beach.
Amusement Parks and Water Parks
Dive into a day of nautical fun at the Ripley’s Aquarium. Conveniently located at Broadway at The Beach, this wildly popular attraction let’s visitors get up close and personal with friendly sharks, exotic fish, and a variety of other underwater species.
Guests can look forward to visiting the following aquarium attractions:
• Rio Amazon – A display modeled after the Amazon rainforest! Features species include piranha, arapaima, redtail catfish, and poison dart frogs.
• Rainbow Rock – An Indo-Pacific coral reef. Enjoy some of the world’s most colorful and recognizable species like clowfish, regal blue tang, and emperor angelfish.
• Dangerous Reef – A 340 foot long glidepath that winds through an acrylic tunnel. Come face to face with sea turtles, giant stingrays, and sharks!
• Discovery Center – An interactive area devoted to hands on learning. Enjoy puzzles, discussions, games, and more!
• Ray Bay – Stingrays steal the spotlight at this attraction. Watch these majestic animals glide through the water and see staff divers hand feed them throughout the day. You even have a chance to pet these docile creatures.
• So much more!
The Ripley’s Aquarium also features a marine education center, the Feeding Frenzy restaurant, and the Cargo Hold gift shop. Special events are held throughout the year so you always have something to look forward to. This attraction holds fun for everyone!
Call 800-734-8888 or visit www.ripleyaquariums.com/myrtlebeach/ for more information and don’t forget to check out our Attractions Page for more Myrtle Beach area fun!
Take a break from the beach and come cool off at Wild Water & Wheels Water Park. Located just a stone’s throw away in Surfside Beach, this family friendly water park is much more than just a few pools and slides. Variety is the spice of life and this water park offers something for everyone!
“Wet ‘n wild” fun is at the heart of this park and there is certainly no shortage of places to cool off. The adventurous can explore any of the 24 slides on-site while the beach bums can check out the lazy river, complete with plenty of tubes available for no additional fee. Children love Wally’s Lagoon, a large child play area, in addition to the giant wave pool.
If you want to dry off for a bit, refuel at the snack bar and lay out for a bit on the sun deck. For a little action, check out the go-cart track or try your luck in bumper boats. There are also tons of kiddie rides for the little ones in addition to a full putt-putt course. There really is something for everyone here!
Check out a full list of park attractions:
• Wave Pool
• 24 Slides
• Lazy River
• Wally’s Lagoon
• Mini Golf
• Bumper Boats
• Snack Bar
• Gift Shop
• Picnic Area
• Lockers / Showers
• Kiddie Rides
• & More!
In addition to all of the fun that the park already offers, they make the experience over the top with events throughout the summer. Fridays they host “Live After Five” with a variety of local bands that provide live music and entertainment from 5pm-9pm. They also host themed days with special prices, like Scout Day.
Wild Water & Wheels is open May – September and several pricing packages are available. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.wild-water.com/.
Located at Broadway at the Beach near Carmike Cinemas, this park is perfect for small children. With rides that are sure to bring back your childhood memories, your children are bound to have tons of fun. Jump on a horse and ride the famous Herschell-Spillman carousal that dates back to 1912 or try out the roller coaster for a thrill!
Some rides visitors can enjoy include:
• Swinging Pirate Ship
• Kiddie Ferris Wheel
• Crazy Caterpillar
• Motorcycle Madness
• Much More!
Admission to the park is free and you just pay per ride – making it easy to stick to a budget. Ride tickets are $3.50 a piece and each ride is only one ticket. Call (843) 913-9400 for more information and be sure to check our attractions page for more Myrtle Beach fun!
What could be a better way to end a fun day in Myrtle Beach than with a baseball game?! The Myrtle Beach Pelicans are a minor league team affiliated with the Chicago Cubs with the stadium located on 21st Avenue N, across from Broadway at the Beach. Bring the whole family for night of baseball that will be enjoyed by everyone.
The Myrtle Beach Pelican’s host a variety of fun promotions during the week:
• Kids Eat Free Monday - all fans 12 and under will be given a voucher for a free hotdog, chips, and a drink
• Wiener Wednesdays feature $1 Hebrew National hotdogs all game long
• Thirsty Thursdays offer guests $1 drafts of Budweiser and Bud Light from 6-8pm
• Enjoy fireworks after the game on one of their 17 scheduled fireworks nights throughout the summer – just check their schedule for dates
The Pelicans play from April to September and their schedule can be found on their website: www.myrtlebeachpelicans.com.
Tickets start at just $8.00 and can be purchased at the box office, on their website, or by calling (843) 918-6000.
The largest water park in South Carolina, Myrtle Waves offers countless hours of non-stop fun from beginning to end. With hundreds of free lounge chairs, exclusive cabana rentals, showers, lockers, and various food and snack stations located around the park, this water park has everything you and your family need for a fun-filled day!
• Family friendly attractions - If you’re just trying to get your bronze on, there’s the soothing LayZee River to float in that literally takes you around the whole park! Another family friendly attraction is the massive wave pool. Complete with inner tubes and waves that turn on every 10 minutes, this pool will be sure to entertain anyone for hours on end.
• Exciting Inner Tube Slides - Myrtle Waves has numerous inner tube rides, such as Night Flight, Snake Mountain, and perhaps best of all – The Arooba Tooba. Experience a thrilling dark adventure down 2 different chutes in Night Flight. Arooba Tooba, a completely different experience, looks like a gigantic bowl. Once you get to the top, you are “flushed” down the bowl and spin around countless times until it spits you down into a waterfall and finally into a pool. This slide is one that can be done countless times and will never get old.
• Exhilarating thrill rides - If you’re looking for some speedy slides, check out the numerous body slides available. There are the Thunderbolts, Riptide Rockets, Super Chute, and the crazy Turbo Twisters! The Thunderbolts are quick, smaller body slides that offer a chance for kids and adults alike to race each other. For a real thrill, try the Turbo Twisters - the fastest slides in the park. Completely enclosed, these dark body slide tubes will send you spiraling into darkness at over 50 feet per second!
• Saturation Station - An immense, splash-filled kid zone, will keep your children entertained for countless hours. With 3 different kiddie slides, numerous water toys laid out around the station, and a massive volcano that empties over 700 gallons of water on the crowd, it is no mystery why your children will never want to leave.
• Award winning safety - Now with all this fun, there are always lifeguards on scene, literally everywhere throughout the park. They will ensure your family’s safety as your family embarks on this aquatic adventure throughout the water park of Myrtle Waves.
These are just some of the attractions and amenities that Myrtle Waves has to offer. For more information, call 843-918-8725 or visit their website, and don’t forget to check out our Attractions Page for more Myrtle Beach area fun!
Grab your sense of adventure and head to MagiQuest where you will use your magic wand to cast spells and complete quests to restore order and solve the mysteries of the realm.
Upon entering, you will receive a magic wand that is yours to keep. Bring this wand back when you return so you can continue your quest. The decisions you make determine your experience, so no two visits to MagiQuest are the same. Battle with dragons, befriend pixies, and listen to the wise words of the Quest Master to save the realm!
MagiQuest is located at Broadway at the Beach near the Big D Theater. Packages start at 24.99 for new Magi and 14.99 for those returning. For hours and ticket information, visit their website or call (843) 916-1800 for more information.
Enjoy the latest action movies on the giant screen that is 3 stories tall! The wall to wall mega screens aren't the only thing unique about this upscale theater. Enjoy lounging in one of their plush leather chairs with a bucket of gourmet popcorn and kick back and relax as you will have plenty of room.
This Large Digital Experience includes:
- Dimensional sight: 3 story tall screen with cutting edge picture technology putting you in the middle of the movie
- Dynamic sound: Digital state of the art surround sound
- Deluxe seating: Luxury leather seating
It’s only $2 more to see 3D Movies here than at a traditional theater - so why not make your next movie a Big D movie! The Big D Theater is located at Broadway at The Beach. Call (843) 445-1600 for more information.
A preserved low country rice plantation dwelling of the early eighteenth century
Myrtle Beach’s only seaside amusement park, Family Kingdom should be high on any list of things to do in Myrtle Beach.
• Oceanfront view - Literally right on the beach, Family Kingdom has thrill rides, family rides, kiddie rides, go karts, and even a water park! An all day unlimited ride wristband for the amusement park is $26, and the water park’s wristband is $21. Family Kingdom offers a very affordable deal for both however – only $36!
• Amusement Park - With more than 30 thrilling rides in Family Kingdom’s amusement park, it makes for an incredible experience. The park offers rides for both adults and children, so no one is left out. Family Kingdom even added a new ride – the Twist ‘n Shout Coaster. There are classic wooden coasters, tit-a-whirls, the ever popular Hurricane, and bumper cars. There’s even go karts at Family Kingdom, and there are 2 speed tracks to choose from!
• Splashes Water Park - Recently renamed, Family Kingdom’s only oceanfront water park Splashes has wet and wild water flumes, exhilarating speed slides, and even a spacious lazy river complete with waterfalls. The flumes will be sure to entertain children and adults alike that offer thrilling 100-feet drops. The speed slides have thrilling slopes that will exhilarate you, and for those not up to the challenge there are intermediate speed slides that aren’t quite as thrilling. Family Kingdom also owns the state’s largest Ferris wheel, and the view it offers while on it is one-of-a-kind.
Is there anything Family Kingdom doesn’t offer? For more information, call 843-626-3447 or check out their website, and check out our Attractions Page for more Myrtle Beach area fun!
Let your kids immerse themselves in fun and educational learning activities at the Children’s Museum of South Carolina. Conveniently located in the heart of Myrtle Beach, this popular attraction strives to provide self-discovery through interactive learning experiences.
Popular exhibits include:
• South Carolina Fossil Hunt – Become a paleontologist as you dig through sand and look for 65 million year old fossils of native South Carolina animals.
• Hurricane Simulator – Learn how to identify hurricane strength and other fun facts about these infamous sea storms. Kids even get to experience 78 mph winds of a Category 1 hurricane in the hurricane simulator!
• It’s Electric – Discover the magic of electricity as you generate the power to light up a city. Children and adults work together to build circuits that run motors and lights.
• Weather Center & News Desk – Stand in front of a real green screen and report the weather or sit behind the news desk and report live news!
• Famous Fraction Pizza Delivery Truck – Hop in and create your own personal pizza. While its baking, brush up your math skills and learn all about fractions.
These are just a few of the over fun and interactive exhibits that the Children’s Museum of South Carolina offers. The museum also hosts several special events throughout the year, meaning you always have something fun to look forward to!
Walk the decks of this World War II battleship, located near Wilmington, N.C.